Information for those at the heart of the action
Nothing matches the experience of having a runner, maybe even a winner, at Cheltenham, particularly at The Festival. Our dedicated staff make sure that every aspect of an owner's visit, from the distribution of tickets and badges, through the booking of lunch, to the presentation of trophies in the historic Winners' Enclosure runs as smoothly as possible.
The race programme for 2014/15 season can be found here
We keep in close touch with trainers to ensure a balanced programme of races leading up to The Festival, giving them the chance to run horses of all levels of experience here at Cheltenham. Their input is invaluable when we put together our programme for the season and their advice and comments are always welcomed. We also operate a very popular Frequent Runner Championship, rewarding those trainers who run their horses most often at Cheltenham.
The latest going is available from approximately one week prior to each meeting by clicking here
Jockeys are extraordinarily fit athletes and we ensure that their raceday needs are met with a dedicated medical team, including a physiotherapist. We provide areas to rest before, between and after racing, with a range of nutritionally balanced food and drink.
At Cheltenham we understand and appreciate the huge and vital role played by stable staff. They are well catered for in our on-site hotel, Hunters Lodge, where tea and coffee are free at every meeting and a variety of meals, including vegetarian options, are available at cost price. All stable staff are also given a complimentary meal in Hunters Lodge on the day that a horse they are responsible for runs at Cheltenham.
First time visitors to the racecourse will be given a guide to all the facilities for stable staff.
We provide over £10,000 each season in Best Turned Out awards and other bonuses for stable staff, often thanks to our race sponsors.
Leading Trainer and Jockey Awards
The leading Trainer at The Festival receives a perpetual trophy, sponsored by the Irish Independent. This is awarded to the Trainer with the most winners, with placed horses taken into account in the event of a tie.
The leading Jockey at The Festival also receives a perpetual trophy, awarded to the Jockey who rides the most winners at The Festival, with placed rides taken into account in the event of a tie. This award is sponsored by Boodles
There are similar awards at The Open, with the winners will decided in the same way as at The Festival.
The Pertemps Series consists of 20 qualifiers and a final at The Festival on 12th March 2015.
The dates of the qualifiers for 2014/15 are listed below;
- Cheltenham - Friday 17th October 2014
- Aintree - Sunday 26th October 2014
- Auteuil - Sunday 2nd November 2014
- Kempton Park - Monday 3rd November 2014
- Newbury - Friday 28th November 2014
- Sandown Park - Saturday 6th December 2014
- Carlisle - Sunday 14th December 2014
- Cagnes sur Mer - Monday 15th December 2014
- Wincanton - Friday 26th December 2014
- Leopardstown - Saturday 27th December 2014
- Cagnes sur Mer - Thursday 8th January 2015
- Warwick - Saturday 10th January 2015
- Pau - Thursday 15th January 2015
- Huntingdon - Friday 23rd January 2015
- Punchestown - Sunday 1st February 2015
- Musselburgh - Sunday 1st February 2015
- Pau - Sunday 1st February 2015
- Exeter - Sunday 8th February 2015
- Haydock Park - Saturday 14th February 2015
- Chepstow - Saturday 21st February 2015
- Cheltenham - Thursday 12th March 2015