Information for those at the heart of the action
Nothing matches the experience of having a runner, maybe even a winner, at Cheltenham, particularly at The Festival. Our dedicated staff make sure that every aspect of an owner's visit, from the distribution of tickets and badges, through the booking of lunch, to the presentation of trophies in the historic Winners' Enclosure runs as smoothly as possible.
The race programme for 2013/14 season is available now, click here.
We keep in close touch with trainers to ensure a balanced programme of races leading up to The Festival, giving them the chance to run horses of all levels of experience here at Cheltenham. Their input is invaluable when we put together our programme for the season and their advice and comments are always welcomed. We also operate a very popular Frequent Runner Championship, rewarding those trainers who run their horses most often at Cheltenham.
The latest going is available from approximately one week prior to each meeting by clicking here
Jockeys are extraordinarily fit athletes and we ensure that their raceday needs are met with a dedicated medical team, including a physiotherapist. We provide areas to rest before, between and after racing, with a range of nutritionally balanced food and drink.
At Cheltenham we understand and appreciate the huge and vital role played by stable staff. They are well catered for in our on-site hotel, Hunters Lodge, where tea and coffee are free at every meeting and a variety of meals, including vegetarian options, are available at cost price. All stable staff are also given a complimentary meal in Hunters Lodge on the day that a horse they are responsible for runs at Cheltenham.
First time visitors to the racecourse will be given a guide to all the facilities for stable staff.
We provide over £10,000 each season in Best Turned Out awards and other bonuses for stable staff, often thanks to our race sponsors.
Thomas Pink Leading Trainer and Jockey
The leading Trainer at The Festival receives a perpetual trophy. This is awarded to the Trainer with the most winners, with placed horses taken into account in the event of a tie. The leading Jockey at The Festival also receives a perpetual trophy, awarded to the Jockey who rides the most winners at The Festival, with placed rides taken into account in the event of a tie.
There are similar awards at The Open, with the winners will decided in the same way as at The Festival.
Both of these awards are sponsored by Thomas Pink.
The Pertemps Series consists of 20 qualifiers and a final at The Festival on 13th March.
The dates of the qualifiers for 2013/14 are listed below;
- Cheltenham - Friday, October 18, 2013
- Aintree - Sunday, October 27, 2013
- Auteuil - Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Kempton Park - Monday, November 4, 2013
- Newbury - Friday, November 29, 2013
- Sandown Park - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Carlisle - Sunday, December 15, 2013
- Cagnes sur Mer - Monday, December 16, 2013
- Wincanton - Thursday, December 26, 2013
- Leopardstown - Sunday, December 29, 2013
- Cagnes sur Mer - Thursday, January 9, 2014
- Warwick - Saturday, January 11, 2014
- Pau - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Huntingdon - Friday, January 24, 2014
- Punchestown - Sunday January 26, 2014
- Musselburgh - Sunday, February 2, 2014
- Pau - Sunday, February 2, 2014
- Exeter - Sunday February 9, 2014
- Haydock Park - Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Chepstow - Saturday, February 22, 2014