Our Sustainability Strategy
Cheltenham Racecourse is set in beautiful countryside with spectacular views. We prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
The Jockey Club has a “Green Champion” at each of the 14 racecourses who works with the group’s Sustainability Executive to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
The sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer term objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed at Cheltenham include:
• A reduction in energy consumption
• Some food waste now goes to anaerobic digestion rather than landfill
• An increase in the proportion of waste that is recycled
• All of our race cards are printed on recycled paper
• Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
• A cycle to work scheme for our staff
• The Catering team source products locally where possible
• A dedicated bus service is available from both the town centre and railway station during The Open & The Festival
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of Cheltenham Racecourse on the local and wider environment. If you have any suggestions, we would be delighted to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org