London 2012 Olympic Torch Evening Celebration - 23rd May
Cheltenham Racecourse is proud to have been chosen as the venue for an Olympic Torch Evening Celebration on Wednesday 23rd May. The final torchbearer at the Racecourse will be Zara Phillips, riding her horse Toytown, on whom she won 3 Day Event Gold at the 2006 World Championships.
This is a free event and no ticket or booking of any kind is required. A full range of drinks and food will be available (bars close at 9pm). There is also free parking. Come along, join the fun and witness this once-in-a-lifetime event!
The lastest news is that Labrinth, one of the UK's hottest new stars, will be performing during the main show. As will TV talent show Got To Dance winners Chris & Wes and Twist & Pulse, who were runners up in Britain's Got Talent 2010.
If you are a twitter user, you will find lots of useful information from all agencies in Gloucestershire under the hashtag #GlosTorchRelay
The full details of the event are as follows, but check back for any updates:
- 3pm Gates Open
- 3pm to 4.15pm Entertainment behind the grandstand by Create Gloucestershire
- All afternoon - Interactive Sports Village produced by Active Gloucestershire
- 5pm to 7.30pm LOCOG official celebration show on the main stage opposite the grandstand
- The show, co-promoted by Cheltenham Festivals, features Labrinth, plus Gloucestershire Youth Jazz Orchestra, Cheltenham Youth Choir and Tewkesbury Abbey Schola Cantorum, with special guest Johnny Coppin. Also, dance acts Twist & Pulse and Chris & Wes
- 7pm Olympic Torch arrives and lights the cauldron on stage
- Other entertainment continues behind the grandstand after the main stage show until 9.15pm
For full details of the Create Gloucestershire entertainment before and after the main show, please click here
You can check out the entire Torch Relay route here
For details of Stagecoach Bus schedules click here